Re: Calumet files Chapter 7

Sandman
SubjectRe: Calumet files Chapter 7
Message-ID<slrnljsg6j.51j.mr@irc.sandman.net>
FollowsEric Stevens

In article <9nqrj9d16p5h9tbfeiqmnie1e5bmch0v25@4ax.com>, Eric Stevens wrote:

Tony Cooper
Consider the situation where you are sitting there eating your breakfast and your wife loosens a tirade of charges that you don't pick up your dirty laundry from the floor, don't help out around the house, and spend too much time on the computer. You sit there in stony silence and continue to eat your Croonchy Stars. You offer no response.

Are you not ignoring her?

Sandman
Of course. But if I have my headset on at the time and didn't hear her, then I'm not.

Eric Stevens
Umm. While you may not be deliberately ignoring her, you are still ignoring her.

ignore verb refuse to take notice of or acknowledge; disregard intentionally

-- Sandman[.net]