Re: Calumet files Chapter 7

Tony Cooper
SubjectRe: Calumet files Chapter 7
FromTony Cooper
Date04/04/2014 01:38 (04/03/2014 19:38)
Message-ID<cqqrj91ivpn1tvnnsut2asiamial2s5o9r@4ax.com>
Followsnospam
Followupsnospam (1h) > Tony Cooper

On Thu, 03 Apr 2014 16:56:15 -0400, nospam <nospam@nospam.invalid> wrote:

nospam
In article <v2hrj9l3815gd4d85rsomjm08omq1jlj21@4ax.com>, Tony Cooper <tonycooper214@gmail.com>wrote:

Sandman
"Free Shipping (USA)"

Tony Cooper
It's free if you are willing to wait for two weeks of calendar days. UPS is not free.

nospam
bzzt.

b&h states that free shipping is up to 7 days, which for those who failed math, is *one* week, not two.

Read the site. "Up to 7 business days". "Business days" are Monday through Friday even though the post office delivers on Saturday, but B&H doesn't ship after noon on Friday and they are closed on Saturday. I gave you a clue with "calendar days" above. B&H is owned by Orthodox Jews and they close on Friday at 2 PM and re-open at 10 AM on Sunday. They are also closed on certain Jewish holidays.

depending on where you live and what you ordered, it will likely be quicker than that (thus the words 'up to'). those close to new york will likely get it in a couple of days. for free.

The orders I've placed with B&H come in about 10 (calendar) days to 2 weeks depending on the day of the week I place the order. Part of what to expect depends on how the post office routes packages to the place you live.

Overall, I've been very pleased with B&H shipping, but that's because I know what to expect. B&H is not the only online retailer, though, and two week delivery from some is better than you can expect.

While you would think that orders to people who live close to NYC come faster when mailed, that's not always the case. It depends on how the post office routes their mail. It's not beyond the post office to route a package through Atlanta or Jacksonville and then back north.

But, then, you live in Sweden and know all about US business hours and the post office practices.

-- Tony Cooper - Orlando FL