Re: Calumet files Chapter 7

Tony Cooper
SubjectRe: Calumet files Chapter 7
FromTony Cooper
Date03/28/2014 17:08 (03/28/2014 12:08)
Message-ID<se7bj9p77aidivke03reivp1hvpbi48kd9@4ax.com>
FollowupsSavageduck (27m) > Tony Cooper
Sandman (2h & 42m) > Tony Cooper

On 28 Mar 2014 06:23:43 GMT, Sandman <mr@sandman.net>wrote:

Tony Cooper
For example, a while back you said you provided an "onslaught" of substantiation about something or other. I accept "onslaught" as a word, and it's in the dictionary, but not with the meaning you seemed to have in mind.

Sandman
Yes, I know you're ignorant about the word "onslaught".

onslaught noun - a fierce or destructive attack: a series of onslaughts on the citadel. - a large quantity of people or things that is difficult to cope with

Note, particularly, example number 2.

If you found that definition, and still feel that "onslaught" is the right word choice to describe a few cites of supposed "substantiation", then your case is more hopeless than I first thought. -- Tony Cooper - Orlando FL