Re: Calumet files Chapter 7

nospam
SubjectRe: Calumet files Chapter 7
Fromnospam
Date03/15/2014 05:29 (03/15/2014 00:29)
Message-ID<150320140029290301%nospam@nospam.invalid>
FollowsPeterN
FollowupsTony Cooper (5m)
PeterN (16h)

In article <lg0a6b0310a@news3.newsguy.com>, PeterN <peter.newnospam@verizon.net>wrote:

nospam
for a store to survive, it needs to offer something you *can't* get online.

PeterN
It's called personal service.

nospam
most stores don't offer that, and of the ones that do, not that many people are willing to pay for it.

PeterN
Just to be clear, we are talking about camera stores, not big box stores.

no kidding.

If so, again you have demonstrated a total lack of knowledge. Tell us the factual basis for your statement bout "most stores" not offering service.

having shopped in them.

if they offered service, they'd still be in business. very simple. most didn't and they aren't.

many of the camera stores were more interested in closing a sale than helping a customer. often, the salesperson knew very little about what it was they were pushing. often, they push the product with the highest spiff and then push the filters, bags and other high markup crap.

i remember one time i went to a relatively major camera store and i asked about a nikon slide copier for coolpix cameras. he told me there was no such product from nikon. i said oh yes there most certainly was. he insisted if such a product existed, he would know and since he didn't know about it, there was no such product. i told him to look it up in the catalog. he did and there it was, plain as day.

now tell me again why i need to bother with idiots like that.

and people wonder why so many camera stores are closing.

heck, even staples is closing a bunch of stores because most of their sales are now online.

things change. either the store adapts to the changes or they go away.