Message-ID<slrnla180k.j45.mr@irc.sandman.net>
FollowsTony Cooper

In article <3i61a957mvkfgd9dv8tofbaansmttlc758@4ax.com>, Tony Cooper wrote:

Tony Cooper
That's an undeniably correct statement.

Sandman
Correct, I never claimed otherwise.

Tony Cooper
Then why did you cite it in a post claiming that I didn't know what I was talking about?

I didn't. I substantiated my claim that you were the one who started to talk about software development in relation to the word "protocol".

Sandman
My reply to the above was me mocking you over the fact that you were stating the obvious.

Tony Cooper
So, a correct statement from me is "stating the obvious" and subject to mocking?

In that instance it was. It was funny because you posted obvious things and pretended that you were telling me about them.

But, from you, a correct statement is "substantiation"?

A correct statement is not substantiation. Proof is substantiation. Merely making a statement proves nothing.

I understand that all of this is very confusing to you, since you always assumed that merely by claiming something, it became true. Alas, that's not the case.

-- Sandman[.net]