Re: Paintshop and Corel

Savageduck
SubjectRe: Paintshop and Corel
FromSavageduck
Date11/25/2013 23:15 (11/25/2013 14:15)
Message-ID<2013112514155655641-savageduck1@REMOVESPAMmecom>
FollowsYouDontNeedToKnowButItsNoëlle
Followupsnospam (3m)
Sandman (8h & 55m)

On 2013-11-25 20:06:43 +0000, YouDontNeedToKnowButItsNoëlle <FautLaDemander@simple.org>said:

YouDontNeedToKnowButItsNoëlle
Le 25/11/13 19:10, PeterN a écrit :

Tony Cooper
That "system" you use does so because you instructed it to do so. You have set your back-up protocol to use multiple drives. At some point, you had to designate where the back-ups were to be sent.

YouDontNeedToKnowButItsNoëlle
A protocol is a precise term.

Exactly! It is a set of rules governing a procedure, or technique.

What your describe and what I use is called configuration settings.

When you configure the frequency for TimeMachine to back up your Mac, you have established/configured the rules governing that back up procedure. That includes frequency of back up, time of day for the back up to be made, etc. That is the "protocol" you have established for TimeMachine, and which you expect to be followed faithfully.

I have my back up protocol established for day-to-day Mac back ups, and different back up protocols (my hard rules) for archives and when on the road. For example when traveling, or away from my desktop computer, I enforce my on-the-road triple redundant back up protocol before reformatting any CF or SDHC cards. My first step is to import the CF/SDHC hard contents to my Colorspace UDMA. This is quite quick and can also be done as an incremental save. As soon as I am at a location I can safely use my MBP I save the card contents to the MBP and to one of my portable external drives. Keeping to this protocol has saved me on the one occasion I had a camera stolen along with 3 x 16GB CF cards.

Having extra CF/SDHC cards is OK, and one method of storage when traveling, but lose those cards and your material is lost with them. Also there are time that you cannot avoid having to recycle those cards. Having the means and established protocol to back up and secure that material gives ypu that option.

-- Regards,

Savageduck

nospam (3m)
Sandman (8h & 55m)