Re: Paintshop and Corel

Sandman
SubjectRe: Paintshop and Corel
Message-ID<slrnl98i59.u9i.mr@irc.sandman.net>
FollowsTony Cooper
FollowupsYouDontNeedToKnowButItsNoëlle (5h & 18m)

In article <f9e799l6ddil92fkl4v26vja6l5m2iarpj@4ax.com>, Tony Cooper wrote:

Tony Cooper
That "system" you use does so because you instructed it to do so. You have set your back-up protocol to use multiple drives. At some point, you had to designate where the back-ups were to be sent.

YouDontNeedToKnowButItsNoëlle
YouDontNeedToKnowButItsNolle: A protocol is a precise term.

What your describe and what I use is called configuration settings.

Tony Cooper
You can call it whatever you want. You do configure your settings. What you are doing, though, is setting a protocol for future action.

So, she can call it whatever she wants, but regardless, it's what you're calling it that's correct. Classic Tony!

YouDontNeedToKnowButItsNoëlle
YouDontNeedToKnowButItsNoelle: This makes sense ; but someone described it as "keeping all your files on one drive" that is not the same.

Tony Cooper
I don't know who might have said that. Either that person said something that you interpreted as meaning "all on one drive" and they meant "all in one file", or that person misspoke.

The only possible options!

-- Sandman[.net]