Re: Paintshop and Corel

PeterN
SubjectRe: Paintshop and Corel
FromPeterN
Date11/25/2013 21:08 (11/25/2013 15:08)
Message-ID<l70am2010ga@news4.newsguy.com>
FollowsTony Cooper
FollowupsEric Stevens (2d, 2h & 32m) > PeterN

On 11/25/2013 2:51 PM, Tony Cooper wrote:

Tony Cooper
On Mon, 25 Nov 2013 14:13:37 -0500, PeterN <peter.newnospam@verizon.net>wrote:

PeterN
On 11/25/2013 12:29 PM, Tony Cooper wrote:

Tony Cooper
On Mon, 25 Nov 2013 12:15:51 -0500, nospam <nospam@nospam.invalid> wrote:

nospam
In article <i8n699dvrln6fsfhfgvgvq8dv3jvk7ig8g@4ax.com>, Tony Cooper <tonycooper214@gmail.com>wrote:

it doesn't mean what you think it means. no surprise there, since reading comprehension is not your strong suit.

Tony Cooper
"We knew" clearly says "We knew what they were thinking". What else could it mean?

nospam
when you start filling in words of your own, then it can mean anything you want it to mean.

that's how these discussions go off track. you imagine things were said that were not, attach meanings you think might have been meant, and then go on a rant about something of your own fabrication.

Tony Cooper
Just answer who "we" stands for. You've avoided this and danced around it. "I knew" says that you knew. "We knew" says that you and others knew. Who is "We"?

PeterN
Perhaps an imperial we?

Tony Cooper
He could weasel out of this if he wanted to. All he has to do is admit that it's a figurative use and not a literal use. He doesn't have either the integrity to admit there is no "we" involved or doesn't have the intellectual capacity to understand the difference between literal and figurative.

Whales get stranded in the littoral zone.

-- PeterN

Eric Stevens (2d, 2h & 32m) > PeterN