Re: Paintshop and Corel

Savageduck
SubjectRe: Paintshop and Corel
FromSavageduck
Date11/27/2013 08:53 (11/26/2013 23:53)
Message-ID<2013112623532471292-savageduck1@REMOVESPAMmecom>
FollowupsSandman (31m) > Savageduck

On 2013-11-27 07:09:08 +0000, Sandman <mr@sandman.net>said:

Sandman
Using Savageduck's definition of backup protocol (which I very much agree with), your list makes a lot more sense. And, he didn't outline it, so this isme making a pseudo Savageduck backup protocol:

Actually my triple redundant "On-The-Road" backup protocol. To be clear this is a backup protocol for images captured while away from home base.

1. Import image files (usually RAW) from CF/SDHC card to Colorspace UDMA. This can be done in the field, car, walking back to car. This provides the first phase of the triple redundant backup protocol.

Phase two & three are completed once I get back to hotel/motel/base camp and my laptop. 2. Import image files to MBP. 3, Copy imported image files to external drive.

That gives me three backed up copies of those image files of three separate drives, allowing me to format cards.

4. If needed format CF/SDHC card.

At leisure I make some selections for transfer to cloud storage, Dropbox, PogoPlug, or Google Drive. This is not part of the triple redundant "On-The-Road" backup protocol.

Full backup of the MBP HDD is a separate issue an is dealt with by Superduper. My desktop Mac is backed up with TimeMachine

Backup protocol --------------- 1. Connect laptop to power source 2. Connect backup disk 3. Import photos from memory card 4. Manually run Time Machine backup to external drive 4c. If connected, wait for dropbox to sync online 5. Disconnect external drive 6. Erase memory card

Again, no "requirements" really. And this is an actual protocol for the user he has to follow. Sure, the above list may not be scribbled on a piece of paper, and only be kept in his head as a mental list, but it is an actual backup protocol - no doubt about that.

-- Regards,

Savageduck