Re: Paintshop and Corel

nospam
SubjectRe: Paintshop and Corel
Fromnospam
Date11/26/2013 04:08 (11/25/2013 22:08)
Message-ID<251120132208270290%nospam@nospam.invalid>
FollowsTony Cooper

In article <rt18995hukuda2htfsl9movl6ojq53th1q@4ax.com>, Tony Cooper <tonycooper214@gmail.com>wrote:

YouDontNeedToKnowButItsNoëlle
In my own experience, the power is the part that break the most easily in drives.

Savageduck
In my LaCie enclosures, yes.

nospam
la cie is well known for shitty power supplies.

Tony Cooper
In an earlier post:

nospam
In my own experience, the power is the part that break the most easily in drives.

Tony Cooper
only in cheap externals is that a problem.

quality enclosures rarely have power supply failures.

These two posts seem to say that LeCie is a cheap external.

In what way is a Le Cie considered "cheap"? Surely, not consider the price.

in quality.

one thing they do to differentiate themselves from the masses is have custom designs, like the porsche series or the limited edition blade runner or the stackable and colourful lego series. you can even get one made out of real gold (a 'small percentage', at least).

<http://www.lacie.com/products/product.htm?id=10587> <http://www.lacie.com/products/product.htm?id=10613> <http://www.pop-ology.com/the-lacie-lego/> <http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/82944-lacie-golden-disk-ora-ito-drive>

some people want unique looking drive enclosures and are willing to pay for it. it's a niche market, but a lucrative one. where else can you sell a product for top dollar that's built from cheap crappy parts?

a noname chinese enclosure is certainly cheaper and very likely uses the same internal crap components. it just doesn't look as nice (or ugly, depending on one's taste).