Re: Paintshop and Corel

Eric Stevens
SubjectRe: Paintshop and Corel
FromEric Stevens
Date11/22/2013 22:21 (11/23/2013 10:21)
Message-ID<kkiv89drven2d7uj4o3ljp62nvl6ea6tve@4ax.com>
FollowsMayayana
FollowupsMayayana (7h & 30m) > Eric Stevens

On Fri, 22 Nov 2013 09:34:21 -0500, "Mayayana" <mayayana@invalid.nospam>wrote:

Mayayana
| Corel may indeed have a product called PhotoPaint. But they also have | (or had) a product call Paintshop Photo Pro. I am staring at it in a | box on my bookshelf. I think I paid $25 for it in a Black Friday deal a | few years ago, but never got around to installing it.

Yes, they bought it from the original authors, Jasc, some years ago. They still sell it, but have changed the versions. It's currently PSP X6, rather than just a version number.

I still use PSP5 for basic editing. It does what I need. I once decided to update to PSP7 but was very disappointed with it. They had stuffed it full of nonsense bloat. (Simply drawing a rectangle had become a complex task, cluttered with choices to use stock backgrounds and such.) So I went back to PSP5.

You should have a look at X6. I think you will find it is a useful and competent program. --

Regards,

Eric Stevens

Mayayana (7h & 30m) > Eric Stevens