Re: Paintshop and Corel

J. Clarke
SubjectRe: Paintshop and Corel
FromJ. Clarke
Date11/27/2013 23:08 (11/27/2013 17:08)
Message-ID<MPG.2d0013ea39d6d52e98a1d3@news.newsguy.com>
FollowsMayayana

In article <l758qm$ua4$1@dont-email.me>, mayayana@invalid.nospam says...

Mayayana
| OK, we get it, everything that Microsoft does is part of some | EEEEEEEVVVVVVVIIIIIIILLLLLLLLL conspiracy.

No. What are you arguing about? All I'm talking about is explaining the idea of policies used in IT by sys admins. Microsoft makes corporate workstation software. That's their market. They serve their market. Whether that's "evil" is up to you. Don't corporations have a right to control the workstations used by employees? I couldn't have explained it all any more clearly than I did above. That's simply how it works.

Of course, if you buy a PC you also get stuck with that design, for better or worse. And it still helps MS: If people can't change settings they can't get into trouble and support costs will be lower. Most people don't notice. If it bothers you, you can buy one of your "administrator's handbooks" and control the settings yourself. Either way, Windows (and even more so IE) was never designed for use by people who own their own computer, and I daresay that's useful to know if you want to get the most out of it.

Has anybody ever told you you're a crackpot?