Re: Paintshop and Corel

Mayayana
SubjectRe: Paintshop and Corel
FromMayayana
Date11/26/2013 15:15 (11/26/2013 09:15)
Message-ID<l72adl$61p$1@dont-email.me>
FollowsMartin Brown

| I'd be interested in the test pieces encoded with PSP 7 if you still | have it installed somewhere. I am curious when the rot set in. |

That was all many years ago. Version X6 is v. 16. V. 7 was so irritating to use that I unistalled it after a few minutes of testing and never looked at it again. I doubt the disk is still around.

I can't say that I understand the implications of the problems you describe. I didn't realize there could be so much difference in JPG conversion. (Of course a typo in the quantisation tables would be an issue, but again I don't understand enough to know how much of an issue it would be.) In any case, I'm curious about your opinion of current libraries. Do you know anything about, say, MS gdiplus vs whatever PS uses, vs Image Magick, vs whatever Corel uses? I always avoided IJG because it's owned by Intel and they exerted licensing requirements. And as far as I know that's also been taken off the market.