Re: Paintshop and Corel

Tony Cooper
SubjectRe: Paintshop and Corel
FromTony Cooper
Date11/25/2013 16:54 (11/25/2013 10:54)
Message-ID<n4s699t4akkd9fo5qmqh0prqlb9hkc354k@4ax.com>
FollowsYouDontNeedToKnowButItsNoëlle
FollowupsSavageduck (42m) > Tony Cooper
PeterN (2h & 19m)

On Mon, 25 Nov 2013 12:46:52 +0100, YouDontNeedToKnowButItsNoëlle <FautLaDemander@simple.org>wrote:

YouDontNeedToKnowButItsNoëlle
Le 24/11/13 22:58, nospam a écrit :

I keep my files on several drives (one would not be big enough).

nospam
that's different.

if you need more than one drive for all of your content, you need to have more than one drive.

splitting it up just for the sake of splitting it up is dumb.

YouDontNeedToKnowButItsNoëlle
It may be not so dumb to split for the sake of separating concerns. Like, not mixing your family shots with your commercial shots, or not mixing your raw files with your finished works, whatever can be your way.

This discussion evolved from some comments about how Tim Gray suggests that you manage your files for Lightroom.

He recommends using one master file for all images because that one master file can be backed-up on one or more drives.

If you want more than one Catalog in Lightroom, you can still use one master file for all images. Setting up a Hobby catalog and a Family catalog can be accomplished using one master file for all of the images.

Personally, I don't see it as a good thing to have more than one catalog because you can, instead, use folders within the master file to separate your images.

But, Tim is just providing what he considers to be the optimum way of setting up Lightroom. If you have your own reasons for doing it differently, that's up to you. -- Tony Cooper - Orlando FL

Savageduck (42m) > Tony Cooper
PeterN (2h & 19m)