Re: Paintshop and Corel

Tony Cooper
SubjectRe: Paintshop and Corel
FromTony Cooper
Date11/25/2013 06:24 (11/25/2013 00:24)
Message-ID<fjl599pv7gv6tq1snh7tnvtf768hcovnot@4ax.com>
Followsnospam
Followupsnospam (1h & 10m) > Tony Cooper

On Sun, 24 Nov 2013 23:34:17 -0500, nospam <nospam@nospam.invalid> wrote:

Tony Cooper
Who's "we"? You have no idea what anyone else thinks about my posts.

nospam
i never said i did.

Tony Cooper
Then who is "we"?

nospam
i never said anything about what people think. what i said referred to the evidence where you contradict yourself and show yourself to have a double standard, making you a hypocrite.

Look, nospam, this is not your first rodeo. You can't snip out something and pretend you never said it. You said: "you're a hypocrite, but we knew that."

So I'm asking, who's "we" and how do you know what they're thinking?

not really, and that link is titled 'what is your backup plan', not 'what is your backup protocol'.

So what? I didn't say it's a term always used in article titles. I said it's a common term, and showed where it was used in an article. "Protocol" and "plan" have similar meanings, but "protocol" is the better word to use.

A "plan" can be what you intend to do. A "protocol" is the defined version of your plan wherein the steps are laid out. A protocol is what is always followed when something is done.

That article discusses what you should intend to do (the plan) and then lists how to do it every time (the protocol).

i've been in the tech industry for a few decades, i have not heard the term 'backup protocol'.

Now you have. Now that you know about it, you won't look so dumb when someone uses it. You're welcome.

it's normally called 'backup strategy' or 'backup plan', which your link confirms in its title.

You can't even logically describe what you're trying to say. A link to an article doesn't confirm anything except that this is the way to get to the *that* article. The title used for an article doesn't over-ride what is said in the article. It is chosen because it fits in the space and is descriptive enough to get the reader to continue.

A "backup strategy" is worse as a term to use. A "strategy" is a plan of action that is determined before you do something. You determine your strategy, and then you devise a protocol to memorialize that plan.

That's OK, though. I've seen your posts. The correct use of the language arts is not your strong point.

-- Tony Cooper - Orlando FL

nospam (1h & 10m) > Tony Cooper