Re: Paintshop and Corel

Savageduck
SubjectRe: Paintshop and Corel
FromSavageduck
Date11/25/2013 22:53 (11/25/2013 13:53)
Message-ID<2013112513531914562-savageduck1@REMOVESPAMmecom>
Followsnospam
Followupsnospam (16m)

On 2013-11-25 20:29:12 +0000, nospam <nospam@nospam.invalid>said:

nospam
In article <l70akg$qfu$1@speranza.aioe.org>, YouDontNeedToKnowButItsNoëlle <FautLaDemander@simple.org>wrote:

YouDontNeedToKnowButItsNoëlle
In my own experience, the power is the part that break the most easily in drives.

In my LaCie enclosures, yes.

nospam
only in cheap externals is that a problem. quality enclosures rarely have power supply failures.

YouDontNeedToKnowButItsNoëlle
External drives are good for mobility.

nospam
2.5" laptop drives are good for mobility.

3.5" drives aren't because they aren't bus-powered.

For storage on the road (that would be mobility) I use OWC Mercury "On-The-Go Pro" FW800 drives. I currently have 6 of various capacities Two of which are older FW400 enclosures with ATA/IDE drives. The others are FW800 with SATA 3 drives. I have yet to experience a failure in any of them. I have no problem recommending them to anybody. They are also available in SSD configuration or bare enclosure to build your own. < http://eshop.macsales.com/shop/firewire/on-the-go >

I also have several 3.5'' drive RAID set ups. one of which from LaCie has been very problematic, especially with power supplies. I have been put off all things LaCie ever since. I have an OWC RAID which is my working archive, and functions well. My Mac backup is to a WD FW800 3TB, and has yet to demonstrate any problems.

-- Regards,

Savageduck

nospam (16m)