Re: Paintshop and Corel

Savageduck
SubjectRe: Paintshop and Corel
FromSavageduck
Date11/17/2013 03:29 (11/16/2013 18:29)
Message-ID<2013111618292337825-savageduck1@REMOVESPAMmecom>
FollowsEric Stevens

On 2013-11-17 01:24:00 +0000, Eric Stevens <eric.stevens@sum.co.nz>said:

Eric Stevens
On Sat, 16 Nov 2013 15:52:40 -0800, Savageduck <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com>wrote:

Savageduck
On 2013-11-16 23:23:32 +0000, Eric Stevens <eric.stevens@sum.co.nz>said:

Eric Stevens
On Fri, 15 Nov 2013 20:46:22 -0800, Savageduck <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com>wrote:

Savageduck
Also, if Eric does decide to go with the CC program he should have LR in that package and the PS-LR integration is seamless and symbiotic giving him all the tools he would need.

Eric Stevens
If I can confirm that the price I saw yesterday is for the package you have just described I'm signing up this afternoon. :-)

Savageduck
Have fun. If you really mean "this afternoon" you should be downloading right now. ;-)

Since you are new to Photoshop and Lightroom I suggest you take a look at some of the tutorial/feature videos available.

Julieanne Kost has both LR and Photoshop stuff on this site: < http://www.jkost.com/lightroom.html >

Kloskowski's LR killer tips: < http://lightroomkillertips.com >

...and Russell Brown's stuff: < http://tv.adobe.com/show/the-russell-brown-show/ >

That should get you started.

Eric Stevens
Thanks for that list. I'm already trying to get a second identical screen to the one I presently have so as to get the best advantage out of tutorials. I have found one but the present owner has an inflated idea of it's worth.

Savageduck
If you have Skype installed on your computer I would be more than happy to demonstrate my basic workflow via screen share. Let me know and we can make arrangements via email.

Eric Stevens
I did hnave Skype but kicked it out as no one used it.

Hey! I use it, I also use Apple's "Facetime" (not Facebook), Alan Browne uses it, I believe Tony Cooper uses it. As far a screen sharing goes, I use that quite often with a fiend in Nashville and with my father when it is easier to show how to do something than to explain it without the demonstration. You probably still have the account & "Skype name" Just reinstall the app. It is free unless you use it for a lot of "Skype-out" calls. A quick search of Skype accounts shows 4 versions of Eric Stevens in NZ One of then from Hamilton seems to have two accounts (one for his iPhone) there is one in an undisclosed NZ location, and one in Auckland.

BTW: with your iPad you should have an Apple ID so Facetime is another communication method you could use. It just doesn't have the screen sharing feature that Skype has.

I won't be in a position to do much with anything for the next few weeks/months as I'm about to engage in an another bout of leg carving. But thanks for the offer. In the meantime, I will see where I get with the tutorials.

Consider that part of your therapy. Just get whatever you need to get done to get back on your feet.

BTW: my cousin's son (I guess that makes him my cousin once removed) and his wife are doctors in your part of the World. He is a pathologist and she is a shrink, down in the Tauranga area.

-- Regards,

Savageduck