Re: Paintshop and Corel

Tony Cooper
SubjectRe: Paintshop and Corel
FromTony Cooper
Date11/26/2013 15:35 (11/26/2013 09:35)
Message-ID<eac999158n2nph07sbsfiupt70ndobajfr@4ax.com>
Followupsnospam (5h & 15m)

On 26 Nov 2013 07:04:37 GMT, Sandman <mr@sandman.net>wrote:

Sandman
In article <355899dv5b01g1ga13rtj6m1rvan7h73dg@4ax.com>, Tony Cooper wrote:

Tony Cooper
only in cheap externals is that a problem.

quality enclosures rarely have power supply failures.

These two posts seem to say that LeCie is a cheap external.

In what way is a Le Cie considered "cheap"? Surely, not consider the price.

Savageduck
When I bought mine, after reading reviews etc., I thought I was buying the best and paid somewhat elevated prices. "Cheap" they were not. My considerably less expensive OWC drive have proven to be a much better value.

Tony Cooper
I guess not all LeCei externals are the same. My daughter's LeCei is three years old and never caused her a problem. She recently bought a new 3 terabyte external, but couldn't pop for the price of a LeCei.

Sandman
This must be the hardest company name to write, ever. :)

They're called "LaCie", pronounced "La See", and it is french for just "The Company".

My daughter calls hers "Lacy". She backs up on Lacy. She hasn't named her new external drive.

-- Tony Cooper - Orlando FL

nospam (5h & 15m)