Re: Paintshop and Corel

YouDontNeedToKnowButItsNoëlle
SubjectRe: Paintshop and Corel
FromYouDontNeedToKnowButItsNoëlle
Date11/25/2013 12:46 (11/25/2013 12:46)
Message-ID<l6vdba$iob$1@speranza.aioe.org>
Followsnospam
FollowupsTony Cooper (4h & 7m)
nospam (5h & 28m)
Laszlo Lebrun (4d, 20h & 9m)

Le 24/11/13 22:58, nospam a écrit :

YouDontNeedToKnowButItsNoëlle
I keep my files on several drives (one would not be big enough).

nospam
that's different.

if you need more than one drive for all of your content, you need to have more than one drive.

splitting it up just for the sake of splitting it up is dumb.

It may be not so dumb to split for the sake of separating concerns. Like, not mixing your family shots with your commercial shots, or not mixing your raw files with your finished works, whatever can be your way.

During the past, when RAM what costly and Photoshop was the memory hog it is, I was advocate for having a small very fast drive keep empty just for swap and temporary files. This drive was keept empty to avoid any fragmentation and thus, it gave a significant response improvement. Added benefit, you had somewhere to look for temporary files in case of crash.(There is a configuration option in PS to tell it where it is supposed to swat and keep temporary iles). Now it is useless, just buy some more RAM.

Noëlle Adam

Tony Cooper (4h & 7m)
nospam (5h & 28m)
Laszlo Lebrun (4d, 20h & 9m)