Re: Paintshop and Corel

Tony Cooper
SubjectRe: Paintshop and Corel
FromTony Cooper
Date11/25/2013 01:15 (11/24/2013 19:15)
Message-ID<1s4599pp9srqdhg0nn8o7s85j1ua7a2psm@4ax.com>
Followsnospam
Followupsnospam (1h & 9m) > Tony Cooper
Sandman (6h & 42m)

On Sun, 24 Nov 2013 18:48:04 -0500, nospam <nospam@nospam.invalid> wrote:

nospam
In article <nsv49954017e3o0vgdnjifvtbo7mrfbdg1@4ax.com>, Tony Cooper <tonycooper214@gmail.com>wrote:

i could do the same right back, but i won't, since i don't stoop to those levels.

Tony Cooper
Snakes can't stoop to a lower level.

nospam
you would know about that.

Tony Cooper
But, with the availability of relatively inexpensive multi-terrabyte external drives, getting all your files on one drive is not difficult. With all your files on one drive, you can back up all files at one time. Backing up the drives is the most protective action you can take.

nospam
backing up more than one drive can also be done at one time.

you must be doing it the hard way, manually, which does not surprise me in the least.

Tony Cooper
You don't read the full text before making one of your idiotic statements? It's not me doing anything in this post.

nospam
if i had said most, you'd be going on about how i can't possibly know what most people want, how did i do my survey, why am i forcing my ways on everyone else, and all the other nonsensical bullshit you spew.

No, when you talk about "most people", you use it to describe more specific things. "Most" is quite acceptable when it is used to describe what we all know is done by most people.

yet when you do the same thing, you want a free pass.

it doesn't work that way.

Yeah, it does.

you're a hypocrite, but we knew that.

Who's "we"? You have no idea what anyone else thinks about my posts.

Tony Cooper
I know you can set a back-up protocol to back up multiple drives, but the one-drive system works for most people.

nospam
what you don't know is that backups can be automated and the number of drives makes no difference. the computer doesn't care if it's one or 15 drives.

Tony Cooper
What do you think a "back-up protocol" is?

nospam
i've never heard it called that.

Oh, I see. Which part is new to you? "Back-up"? You know what is entailed in backing-up files? Do I need to explain this?

A "protocol" is a system that is followed to do something. A protocol is established in order to do the same thing the same way every time we do it. A protocol also establishes when we do it.

So, a "back-up protocol" is a system devised by the user that tells him when to back-up the files, where to back-up the files to, and anything else routinely done in the back-up process.

In Lightroom, the user establishes the back-up protocol for the LR files (not the actual image files) under "Catalog Settings". The user chooses how often to back-up and where the back-up goes.

It's not a term I invented. It's a common term, and Google will provide many articles on back-up protocol.

-- Tony Cooper - Orlando FL

nospam (1h & 9m) > Tony Cooper
Sandman (6h & 42m)