Re: Paintshop and Corel

YouDontNeedToKnowButItsNoëlle
SubjectRe: Paintshop and Corel
FromYouDontNeedToKnowButItsNoëlle
Date11/25/2013 12:33 (11/25/2013 12:33)
Message-ID<l6vcig$gs6$1@speranza.aioe.org>
FollowsTony Cooper
FollowupsTony Cooper (4h & 10m)

Le 24/11/13 22:25, Tony Cooper a écrit :

Tony Cooper
But, with the availability of relatively inexpensive multi-terrabyte external drives, getting all your files on one drive is not difficult. With all your files on one drive, you can back up all files at one time. Backing up the drives is the most protective action you can take.

I have my backup done (on a large disk) by Time Machine. No problem. As long as there is enough space for my data. Well archive is another problem than backups ; how does your guy adress the archive problem ? This is a real question. Extractible drives ? DVD pairs ? Do you use a database with mountable capabilities ? ( I liked Imatch when I was on windows 2000, ages before using Snow Leopard, because it did that. Please insert disk No, drive No, and other devices...)

I know you can set a back-up protocol to back up multiple drives,

I dont. I use a system who does :). but

the one-drive system works for most people.

One -drive or several drives does. Yeah backup is vital anyway. I have several TO on my machine, and I would not be confortable with the idea of having "all eggs in the same basket". Drives breaks, you know.

Noëlle Adam

Tony Cooper (4h & 10m)