Re: Paintshop and Corel

J. Clarke
SubjectRe: Paintshop and Corel
FromJ. Clarke
Date12/02/2013 07:31 (12/02/2013 01:31)
Message-ID<MPG.2d05f35579794bf98a21c@news.newsguy.com>
Followsandroid
FollowupsDavid Taylor (1h & 31m)

In article <bg2ib6Ffuq1U1@mid.individual.net>, here@there.was says...

android
In article <011220131505512546%nospam@nospam.invalid>, nospam <nospam@nospam.invalid>wrote:

nospam
In article <l7fu0102mbv@news6.newsguy.com>, PeterN <peter.newnospam@verizon.net>wrote:

PeterN
A few months ago I heard that an SSD has a fairly short life cycle. That surprised me, as I thought the SSD would have a longer life cycle than a mechanical drive.

nospam
it does.

no moving parts goes a long way.

there will always be premature failures with any technology. always make backups.

android
Storage is like care tires. You were them out. Traditional disks are like standard tires, last long but not forever and SSDs are like low profile sports ones, better performance but with shorter lifecycle if readandwrites is the key factor. Theoretically SSDs would last longer, if you don't use them. Fast small conventional disks in a raid0 should give you the best cost effective high performance solution for swap and scratch. But thats my opinion and the SSDs are getting better. Remember that a flashdrive needs a charge now and then or it will lose its data.

No, it doesn't. There is nothing on a flash memory to "charge".

David Taylor (1h & 31m)