Re: Paintshop and Corel

PeterN
SubjectRe: Paintshop and Corel
FromPeterN
Date11/22/2013 15:30 (11/22/2013 09:30)
Message-ID<l6npp801plb@news4.newsguy.com>
Followsotter
FollowupsLaszlo Lebrun (5d, 20h & 44m) > PeterN

On 11/22/2013 1:17 AM, otter wrote:

Tony Cooper
First, Adobe sells Photoshop, not Paintshop. A mental error, but it makes a difference because there is a program called "Paintshop".

Eric Stevens
Sorry about that. I should know better because I've got Photopaint. I always tend to get them confused.

Tony Cooper
Second, CorelDraw is not a substitute for Photoshop. CorelDraw is a vector drawing program. (I have CorelDraw) It is not a photo editing program. There is a package called CorelDraw Graphics Suite X6 that contains Photo-Paint, but that's US$400.

Eric Stevens
I wasn't talking about CorelDraw but 'CorelDraw Suite'. That includes all kinds of things. The current list includes CorelDraw, Corel PhotoPaint, Power Trace, Website creator, Corel Capture and Corel Connect.

otter
Corel may indeed have a product called PhotoPaint. But they also have (or had) a product call Paintshop Photo Pro. I am staring at it in a box on my bookshelf. I think I paid $25 for it in a Black Friday deal a few years ago, but never got around to installing it.

At one time Corel graphics was competitive with PS. It is no longer, for various reasons. That said, PSP has a lot of functionality, and is a good alternative to PS Elements. As of now, the only corel products I use are WordPerfect and Painter.

-- PeterN

Laszlo Lebrun (5d, 20h & 44m) > PeterN