Re: Advocacy

F. Russell
SubjectRe: Advocacy
FromF. Russell
Date09/09/2017 01:21 (09/09/2017 01:21)
Message-ID<oov8lh02lel@news6.newsguy.com>
FollowsDoomsdrzej

On Fri, 08 Sep 2017 20:08:30 +0000, Doomsdrzej wrote:

Doomsdrzej
I have more or less banned their domain because of how much I've learned about their unethical practises.

any decent "hosts" file will do that with ease:

https://github.com/StevenBlack/hosts

But Google has done great things for the world with their "ill-gotten" ad money.

For example, I have absolutely fallen in love with Google Street View. Where else can one cruise the backstreets of LaPaz, Bolivia or Vladivostok, Russia from the comfort of ones home? Google Street View is the most fantastic map application ever developed, and it will certainly get even better in the future.

Let them track the riff-raff. They can't ever track me.

But the true guilty parties are the gullible businesses who believe that targeted advertising is the Holy Grail for improved profits. They provide the market to which Google caters.

Let them pay. Google will improve Street View with their cash and I'll enjoy an enriched life.

I use Iron browser for Street View:

http://www.srware.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=15940

I understand that many proponents of free software give them a

pass because they open the code to this and that, but they have no respect for diversity of thought, actively censor anyone they disagree with and it's pretty clear that much of their business depends on the sale of private information from their users. I mean, for crying out loud, they have gigantic datacentres across the United States and the floor above each of them is dedicated to cooling the hardware on the floor beneath. That, right there, should speak volumes about their shady behaviour.