FollowsMarek Novotny
FollowupsSteve Carroll (Snit) (24m)
Marek Novotny (1h & 2m) > Snit

On 9/6/17, 8:43 PM, in article z7udnbQDmv3DXS3EnZ2dnUU7-dfNnZ2d@giganews.com, "Marek Novotny" <marek.novotny@marspolar.com>wrote:

Marek Novotny
On 2017-09-07, Snit <usenet@gallopinginsanity.com>wrote:

Snit
On 9/6/17, 7:38 PM, in article 79qdnVVQBamULC3EnZ2dnUU7-TXNnZ2d@giganews.com, "Marek Novotny" <marek.novotny@marspolar.com>wrote:

Marek Novotny
On 2017-09-07, Snit <usenet@gallopinginsanity.com>wrote:

Snit
On 9/6/17, 6:13 PM, in article CqSdnUDg8Oy3AC3EnZ2dnUU7-UGdnZ2d@giganews.com, "Marek Novotny" <marek.novotny@marspolar.com>wrote:

Marek Novotny
On 2017-09-06, Snit <usenet@gallopinginsanity.com>wrote:

Snit
On 9/6/17, 3:58 PM, in article ssidnaLOAKoN4C3EnZ2dnUU7-S-dnZ2d@giganews.com, "Marek Novotny" <marek.novotny@marspolar.com>wrote:

Marek Novotny
On 2017-09-06, Doomsdrzej <me@home.is>wrote:

// snip

Doomsdrzej
People like me - whether you like it or not - will be a lot more effective than people like you at advocating Linux.

Marek Novotny
In your dreams. When you think you can match me at even 10% you make a video and try to teach ANY linux subject you like. I'll laugh my ass off. You can't even roll back a driver without crying.

Snit
I would like to see him do so as well... though no reason for a competition. I am happy to see you make your videos. No insult. No attack. I can offer some suggestions for improvement if you want, but not sure you would be receptive to that.

Marek Novotny
BWHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA

No.

Snit
I did not think so. Some of us are open to learning from those with more experience and knowledge, others of us are not. I am. You, at least in this case are not.

So be it.

Marek Novotny
I was an Avid Media Composer Editor. A professional editor. I was a professional DVD author. What I show you here is .00000005% of my knowledge of editing and effects. What I do and how I do it, is by design. I want it to be a single cut, un-edited and un-scripted. I've said this already many times. It should feel like I am sitting there with the viewer having a candid conversation about the tech. I don't want a 15 minute, ram it down your throat, non-stop video that runs through a complex subject like LVM. And hey feel free to watch other's videos on LVM and then tell me mine is better than most of them. Find a video on TAR that goes into any depth like I do. You'll have to watch 5 videos from five twits who are obviously winging what they don't know to get the quality I provided.

Seriously, find a better video on gpg that walks you through everything I walk you through at a pace a n00b can keep up with.

Snit
Your videos are not bad, but they ramble. Your one the other day was over 30 minutes but had about 4 minutes of content. Usually you are not so bad, but you could learn focus.

Marek Novotny
That's the way I am in person.

Fair enough... and I appreciate the rare moment where you admit to not being perfect. Sincerely. No insult. No attack.

If you were here and I was to talk about why I created that script and was to show you how it worked, that's how it would be. If you find it boring, stop watching it. I don't like 15 minute videos that have no context. No one other than us knows what you're talking about. I'm all about the back story. Why are we doing this? What's its purpose. How did we get to where we are? What you see is how I actual am. This isn't a show for idiots with attention deficit disorders.

I am going to guess you have never been a teacher. :)

Also, the fact you think YOU are worth people's time, even if you are rambling, says a lot about your need for attention.

You're videos are crap. You want to actually learn about something, watch my videos.

Snit
Hey, just think how much my videos have you thinking... you obsess over their content and bring them up over and over and over. You will not admit to it, but clearly you have learned a lot about Linux from them... things you do not like. It is why you troll me so much.

Marek Novotny
You've taught nothing. Lying about it won't help either. Anyone can watch your videos and see how right on I am. Try to even touch a subject as complex as lvm as I do. Come up with the slides. Come up with a working model environment and teach it from start to finish, in a single, unedited cut. You'll quickly see that what I did is pretty astonishingly hard to do.

Again: you can twist all you want but you have DEMONSTRATED that you have learned from my videos. And what you learned has upset you.

Snit
For that matter, my videos get comments and views from people outside of COLA... where yours are mostly ignored in and out of COLA.

Marek Novotny
I only show my videos to the cola audience and once in a while to AOL. Once to show how to format and work with group rights, setid, setfacl and so on. I have yet to see you do anything beyond the obvious.

And yet these "obvious" things are beyond you. Interesting.

Snit
<https://youtu.be/Mf2oZ4Tfi28> Filled with insults and accusations, and lies, and ZERO comments.

<https://youtu.be/JRpc-3P1Rv4>Zero comments. <https://youtu.be/tSEWEAxaWjI>Zero comments. <https://youtu.be/xg8DqBLUCls>Zero comments. <https://youtu.be/DyTZfcuzvew>Zero comments. <https://youtu.be/Iv8SeOcz2PY>Zero comments. <https://youtu.be/hLEVf3O91iU>Zero comments. <https://youtu.be/as6PxPnnqvc>Zero comments. <https://youtu.be/KPZhMhbTfPo>Zero comments. <https://youtu.be/qaSSkeVYcGk>Zero comments.

Ok, checked the next several. ONE COMMENT here: <https://youtu.be/-_AHF3-329k>

Do you have any comments on ANY of your videos?

Marek Novotny
You videos suck dude. Show me YOUR BEST video, and I'll watch. Pick one video that you feel is the best one you have, and I'll give you my honest view of it.

Watch any video of mine you want. But notice how you get clearly angry when I show the reactions your videos have gotten.

Snit
Now most of my "Snit COLA" videos are just a couple minutes and made for just this group... but even then I have ones like this:'

<https://youtu.be/V791-XhhOxY> <https://youtu.be/ugylM7iVZos> <https://youtu.be/sdSiYE7lbQI>

And of course that is just my "junk" account. If you go to my "real" YouTube account you will see things like this:

<https://youtu.be/NvrpuBAMddw> <https://youtu.be/2hUUaG4o3DA>

Far more comments and 3,400 subscribers (which is really NOTHING compared to popular channels).

Marek Novotny
And how long has the channel existed?

Mine is only on cola. And you have what, 4 subscribers due to cola? I have 30 or so only due to cola and perhaps the one or two times I posted outside of cola.

Gee, you are a part of a cult-like group and you get subscribers. By the way, I am one of them (but not a part of the cult-like group).

I'm also doing things like gpg and slrn. Hardly a crowd starter. Dumb bitches do make up videos and get millions of views. I don't compare myself to the stupid teen watching some dumb bitch talk about lipstick.

Face it, by any metric your videos are not doing as you claim.

Snit
Heck, even this one which is just ten minutes of static has a LOT more interaction than yours:

<https://youtu.be/mfycQJrzXCA>

But unlike you I am still open to learning... open to experimentation... open to doing things better and listening to the advice of others. And unlike you I am not even claiming my videos there are all that "special"... I have no interest in your you-vs-me nonsense, I merely post the above in RESPONSE to your focus on that.

Marek Novotny
I claim they are good because they are good. Like I said, seriously, go find a video on tar that teaches you more real world tar than I do. Go find a video that actually walks a n00b through installing slrn and configuring the conf file manually for the first time. Tells the user how to restore it if they fuck it up. Find just one that does this.

I am not putting your videos down... though I have noted where they can improve. But you are very full of yourself.

Find one video on lvm that is even remotely close to the ease and comfort of mine. Seriously, show me a link of a better one. They will draw on a board, speak hypothetically, and not actually do anything. I actually do everything, live, right in front of you. I create it from scratch, make the lvm, grow it, shrink it, make a snap shot of it, etc. You will learn more about lvm in one single video that makes sense.

So me one video of yours you think compares to what I do.

Any of the ones I link to, above. :)

Snit
Anway, does not mean I will always take the advice, of course, but I do not share your arrogance. And I wish you well... I hope you get from your YouTube channel what you want. If you did end up with more comments and views and subscriptions I would be happy for you and not feel threatened in any way.

Marek Novotny
If I wanted a bigger audience, I'd talk about it outside of usenet. I don't care. Not a media whore. And I have no desire to cater to ADD idiots. I make what I am interested in making. If you want to to watch you can. If not, I don't care.

Your whole focus is trying to "prove" how much better you are than me. Of course you care about those things.

-- Personal attacks from those who troll show their own insecurity. They cannot use reason to show the message to be wrong so they try to feel somehow superior by attacking the messenger.

<https://youtu.be/H4NW-Cqh308>