SubjectRe: Advocacy
Message-ID<D5D6B7FC.B4FFC%usenet@gallopinginsanity.com>
FollowsMarek Novotny

On 9/7/17, 8:06 AM, in article W6-dncvVmuzl_SzEnZ2dnUU7-TOdnZ2d@giganews.com, "Marek Novotny" <marek.novotny@marspolar.com>wrote:

Doomsdrzej
People like me - whether you like it or not - will be a lot more effective than people like you at advocating Linux.

Marek Novotny
In your dreams. When you think you can match me at even 10% you make a video and try to teach ANY linux subject you like. I'll laugh my ass off. You can't even roll back a driver without crying.

Doomsdrzej
I never said that I knew more than you. The reason I'd be more effective than you is because I actually SYMPATHIZE with the common man and would be willing to introduce the system as an alternative GUI rather than an alternative lifestyle. I would focus on security, privacy and show how their usual tasks can be done effectively (and freely) in Linux rather than show them how to do neat tricks using the CLI.

Stop freaking out and thinking that I'm constantly insulting you. I'm just pointing out what I consider to be a truth. As a general user, I would be more effective at attractive general users. It's common sense.

Marek Novotny
It's a fair point. Find a topic you like and try making a video about it. It's easier than it looks, but I believe it is rewarding to put yourself out there by doing this. Seriously give it a shot.

I think this would be great... and help push my goal of getting COLA to focus more on tech topics.

-- Personal attacks from those who troll show their own insecurity. They cannot use reason to show the message to be wrong so they try to feel somehow superior by attacking the messenger.

<https://youtu.be/H4NW-Cqh308>