Re: Advocacy

Steve Carroll (Snit)
SubjectRe: Advocacy
FromSteve Carroll (Snit)
Date09/07/2017 12:42 (09/07/2017 03:42)
Message-ID<9d4a9143-839c-4e7f-9cf3-1be19cfe7487@googlegroups.com>
FollowsMarek Novotny

On Thursday, September 7, 2017 at 2:30:36 AM UTC-7, Marek Novotny wrote:

Marek Novotny
On 2017-09-07, Chris Ahlstrom <OFeem1987@teleworm.us>wrote:

Chris Ahlstrom

Marek Novotny

Melzzzzz
On 2017-09-06, Doomsdrzej <me@home.is>wrote:

Doomsdrzej
1) Installed Ubuntu Gnome 17.04 2) Upgraded to the proprietary NVIDIA drivers 3) Noticed a symbolic link issue with the NVIDIA drivers 4) Followed instructions to fix it from an Ubuntu group 5) The "fix" screwed everything up 6) Reinstalled the whole operating system out of a lack of interest for fixing the issue by hand (without deleting the two other partitions) 7) 10 minutes later, back to square one with all of the settings intact. 8) Awesome.

Melzzzzz
Ahahahahhahahah. Try Manjaro, you have proprietary there on install ;)

Marek Novotny
We'll have to make a video of Slimer installing dkms, creating a new initramfs, adjusting grub and blacklisting Nouveau and then installing nvidia. Would be fun to watch him back that out. If he thinks Ubuntu is hard he needs to go back to Windows.

Chris Ahlstrom
All those steps are automatic on Debian.

I thought Ubuntu was a derivative of Debian.

Marek Novotny
Ah yes. It is indeed based on Debian. -- Marek Novotny https://github.com/marek-novotny

Technologies change. I think the concept of a website is getting outdated. Calls it "obsessing" over him, even though he continues to set in motion that precise criteria. Jesus Christ proved himself to be a charlatan by pretending to not debate Marek through blatantly blasting 'goodbye forever!' and then engaging him again using another poster.

-- Eight things to never feed your dog! http://www.5z8.info/-php-deactivate_phishing_filter-48-_e3m8dt_malicious-cookie Jonas Eklundh Communication