Re: post processing

PeterN
SubjectRe: post processing
FromPeterN
Date03/18/2014 18:07 (03/18/2014 13:07)
Message-ID<lg9udc0omv@news1.newsguy.com>
FollowsFloyd L. Davidson

On 3/17/2014 10:44 PM, Floyd L. Davidson wrote:

Floyd L. Davidson
PeterN <peter.newnospam@verizon.net>wrote:

PeterN
Similarly, I have never seen a photo of the Baptistry doors, that even comes close to evoking the emotion I feel when viewing the originals. I just stood there, immobilized for some period of time.

Floyd L. Davidson
There are several visual experiences that have smacked me up the side of the head with, "Capture that and you've got a great photograph!", except even after years of looking at it I just can't figure out how to photograph it.

I had one that did fall into place last fall though. And old wooden boat here in Barrow that I've been looking at for 15 years... from the wrong direction. I just happened to be shooting something else and found myself in exactly the right place to get the picture I've been imagining... from the back of the boat which I normally only see from the front.

That's a nice experience.

Indeed it is. i have a friend who will walk abound a subject for some period of time before he even puts the camera up to his eye. I am too much a type A to to that. He is alsoa much better photographer than I will ever be.

PeterN
But, as to my request, I well understand your answer. I have felt the same way myself, with some of my images.

Floyd L. Davidson
I rarely post images on the Internet, even to my webpage, that I also print large. They're just two different things. Plus the prints are what I actually consider my art, while most of what goes on my webpage is more documentary than art.

-- PeterN