Re: post processing

nospam
SubjectRe: post processing
Fromnospam
Date03/14/2014 22:49 (03/14/2014 17:49)
Message-ID<140320141749260124%nospam@nospam.invalid>
FollowsTony Cooper

In article <hqt6i91fe22n0nn075pvku5i6818vgp1ba@4ax.com>, Tony Cooper <tonycooper214@gmail.com>wrote:

Tony Cooper
On Fri, 14 Mar 2014 17:30:59 -0400, nospam <nospam@nospam.invalid> wrote:

nospam
In article <shb6i9tjuhp1r1m980bm7stat453g49u2h@4ax.com>, Tony Cooper <tonycooper214@gmail.com>wrote:

Tony Cooper
Frankly, I am somewhat puzzled about why people like nospam, and even you, try so hard to convince everyone that Lightroom is the panacea of photo editing. I get why you like it, but I don't get why you continually imply - if not aver - that those of us who are aren't on the bandwagon are doing something wrong.

nospam
panacea is another one of your twisty words.

Tony Cooper
The words I use can always be looked up in a dictionary. I can't always be bothered to edit my writing down to your level of understanding.

nospam
i know what the word means. that is not in dispute.

what's at issue is you're claiming it's a panacea. nobody said it was. you made that up. it's another one of your twists.

Tony Cooper
No, I didn't offer it as a panacea. Just the opposite. I said that others are trying to convince people that it's a panacea.

hardly, but it is certainly a *very* useful app.

I think you'd call what you just did "twisting" or "lying".

then you'd be wrong.

nospam
lightroom is *extremely* useful and fits the needs of a huge number of users, which is why it's so popular and should be the first app to start with unless there's specific needs otherwise.

based on your description of how you use lightroom, you're using it wrong, so you don't see just how capable it really is.

Tony Cooper
There is no "wrong" way to use Lightroom.

nospam
of course there is,

Tony Cooper
Then explain how Lightroom can be used in the wrong way and how I have done so.

by processing images in photoshop first and then adding them to lightroom. that's backwards.

nospam
but if you want to play more word games, which i'm sure you do, call it 'use lightroom in a very inefficient way'.

Tony Cooper
Not really that, either. "Under-utilize" is different from "inefficient".

not really.

nospam
but suit yourself. i certainly don't give a flying fuck what you do or how much time you waste.

Tony Cooper
Then why do you devote so much effort into talking about it here?

because i save so much time using lightoom that i have time to post about it.