Re: post processing

Tony Cooper
SubjectRe: post processing
FromTony Cooper
Date03/14/2014 15:16 (03/14/2014 10:16)
Message-ID<mk36i998cpti7l72reku48nn955r17s7gh@4ax.com>
FollowupsSandman (4m) > Tony Cooper

On 14 Mar 2014 06:44:16 GMT, Sandman <mr@sandman.net>wrote:

Sandman
In article <3vp4i9pgej4u5v87q6ni6iulh7fm0kgu7b@4ax.com>, Tony Cooper wrote:

LR is a full image database and file management application and it's a bit over the top for mere post processing. Plus (as far as I'm aware) LR doesn't support Photoshop plugins (correct me if I'm wrong)

Savageduck
Sorry Jonas, this is one of those times you are wrong. LR can, and does use a whole bunch of Photoshop plugins including but not limited to the NIK Collection, the OnOne Suite, and Tiffin DFX.

Sandman
So, are those *Photoshop CC* plugins running under LR, or are they LR-versions of the same plugin. Looking on OnOne:

http://www.ononesoftware.com/products/suite8/

They have different pricing on what products it supports, clearly signalling that there is a separate LR-plugin.

Tony Cooper
I have OnOne, and it works as a plug-in for both Photoshop and Lightroom or as a stand-alone. It's no different in use from editing in Photoshop from Lightroom.

Sandman
Who talked about use, Tony? I specifically asked whether or not it was the same actual plugin, or two versions of the plugin - one for each application.

Dunno, Popinjay. All I know is that it works in use, and that's the only thing that matters. What's the point of worrying over whether the installer installs two different versions or not if the program works in use?

-- Tony Cooper - Orlando FL