Re: post processing

David Taylor
SubjectRe: post processing
FromDavid Taylor
Date03/17/2014 07:55 (03/17/2014 06:55)
Message-ID<lg669p$jhb$1@dont-email.me>
FollowsEric Stevens
FollowupsYouDontNeedToKnowButItsNoëlle (2h)
Eric Stevens (2h & 1m)

On 16/03/2014 19:50, Eric Stevens wrote: []

Eric Stevens
A more accurate interpretation might be that they use RAW images because of the scene's wide dynamic range.

I will use JPG for snapshots but not for images where I might want to print them to a reasonable size. In that case I prefer my own image massaging to whatever might be done by the camera.

It's both - you can plan on using RAW if you know that the scene /needs/ it, but the impression I get from reports here is that often it is the saviour of inappropriate exposure.

As printing needs here rarely exceed 30 cm (12 inches), and most images are for HD TV or Web display, my requirements are fortunately less stringent than yours. My Nikon and Sony cameras do a good job in-camera.

-- Cheers, David Web: http://www.satsignal.eu