Re: post processing

YouDontNeedToKnowButItsNoëlle
SubjectRe: post processing
FromYouDontNeedToKnowButItsNoëlle
Date03/14/2014 15:14 (03/14/2014 15:14)
Message-ID<lfv2rj$rbu$1@speranza.aioe.org>
FollowsRikishi42

Le 14/03/14 02:18, Rikishi42 a écrit :

Rikishi42
On 2014-03-13, YouDontNeedToKnowButItsNoëlle <FautLaDemander@simple.org>wrote:

Nige Danton
If it matters I'm shooting with a Nikon D7000 and an 18-105 lens. I shoot in RAW and jpg.

YouDontNeedToKnowButItsNoëlle
Raw developpement for Nikon is at its best with Capture NX 2 (because Nikon raws are non-standard)

Rikishi42
Non-standard RAW's? But that implies there would be standard RAW files.

Where are they defined and since when ????

Standard is not normalised :). It is more "commonly used". And even things almost normalised as the exifs and meta-data fields are (there has been some effort for that) have big holes.

More or less there is some common ground that allow third parties like adobe to devellop the raw files from different manufacturers. lie color temp is always coded the same way, even if different software may interpret it with slight differences. Where to find the matrix is also common.

Noëlle Adam