Re: post processing

nospam
SubjectRe: post processing
Fromnospam
Date03/13/2014 15:54 (03/13/2014 10:54)
Message-ID<130320141054071077%nospam@nospam.invalid>
FollowsNige Danton
FollowupsTony Cooper (2h & 35m) > nospam

In article <507108948416395369.420562nige.danton-nospam.com@news.eternal-september. org>, Nige Danton <nige.danton@nospam.com>wrote:

Nige Danton
There have been some stunning before and after post processing photos posted here in recent times. I've got zero experience of post processing other than a bit of exposure adjustment and sharpening using Mac OSX (Lion) built-in software. The photos posted here have been remarkable and I'd like to learn how to do something similar.

depending on what you want to do, either lightroom or photoshop.

lightroom is a good all in one solution that does most adjustments and also includes asset management so you can keep track of all the various versions of the photos. it also is a non-destructive workflow.

photoshop is an extremely capable image editing app but it lacks some of the stuff lightroom has. depending on what you want to do, that might matter or it might not. also, a non-destructive workflow is quite a bit harder with photoshop because it's not designed for it. it's possible but it takes a lot of effort.

photoshop elements is a terrific way to get started and it's about $50-60. it's more than enough to keep you busy learning for a while. in the event you outgrow it, then you can get photoshop cs/cc.

Tony Cooper (2h & 35m) > nospam