Re: post processing

Sandman
SubjectRe: post processing
Message-ID<slrnli84lq.nuo.mr@irc.sandman.net>
FollowsPeterN

In article <lg0cdl0dr@news3.newsguy.com>, PeterN wrote:

PeterN
As for you, WTF would it matter if LR uses a different file than PS.

There's no problem, this is what I said:

Sandman Re: post processing 03/13/2014 <slrnli3dv6.e8a.mr@irc.sandman.net>

"LR is a full image database and file management application and it's a bit over the top for mere post processing. Plus (as far as I'm aware) LR doesn't support Photoshop plugins (correct me if I'm wrong) but Elements does, so there's a plethora of cheap or free plugins out there you can use for your post processing needs."

Note how I was very forthcoming about the fact that I didn't know, and it was just an assumption. Tony, having been burned earlier, replied with this:

Tony Cooper Re: post processing 03/13/2014 <evo3i9p9n2fuik675s20suc9q39b7kqlq3@4ax.com>

"Within the past 24 hours or so, you were on your high-horse about the fact that I had posted a reply without first Google-searching your Sony camera. And, here you are, commenting on Elements without doing your due-diligence.

[...]

Lightroom accepts PS plug-ins."

All high and mighty about me not doing any research (but glossing over the fact that I didn't actually make a claim, I was only guessing and assuming and very open about it).

Me and Savageduck discussed it a bit more and as it turns out - Lightroom doesn't actually "accept" Photoshop plug-ins. Tony's comment was - as expected - 100% incorrect. Seeing how he had been so sarcastic about it, I wanted to rub it in his face a bit, so I just posted:

Sandman Re: post processing 03/14/2014 <slrnli63et.hnp.mr@irc.sandman.net>

"Well, don't you feel stupid now..."

This was well after it had been established by me and Savageduck that LR does not accpet PS plug-ins. Tony then proceeded to make such idiotic claims as:

Tony Cooper Re: post processing 03/14/2014 <hu96i9199f3tocv162rgrr5uv247har7pf@4ax.com>

"A "Photoshop plug-in" would be a plug-in authored by, and offered by, Adobe."

And

Tony Cooper Re: post processing 03/14/2014 <hu96i9199f3tocv162rgrr5uv247har7pf@4ax.com>

"It was an incomplete statement designed to work at your level of understanding of English, but - you are right - it should have been written "Lightroom accepts some plug-ins that also work in Photoshop"."

Both hilarious inaccurate and 100% incorrect.

-- Sandman[.net]