Re: post processing

Sandman
SubjectRe: post processing
Message-ID<slrnli64jj.j7e.mr@irc.sandman.net>
FollowsRikishi42
FollowupsRikishi42 (4h & 12m)

In article <bv1ava-hks.ln1@murmur.very.softly>, Rikishi42 wrote:

Nige Danton
If it matters I'm shooting with a Nikon D7000 and an 18-105 lens. I shoot in RAW and jpg.

YouDontNeedToKnowButItsNoëlle
Raw developpement for Nikon is at its best with Capture NX 2 (because Nikon raws are non-standard)

Rikishi42
Non-standard RAW's? But that implies there would be standard RAW files.

Where are they defined and since when ????

Adobe is pushing for manufacturers to use DNG as a standard RAW format. They've been doing that since 2003, but few have adopted it.

Notably Hasselblad, Pentax and Leica have adopted it, but missing are the big ones; Nikon (NEF), Canon (CRW), Sony (ARW), Panasonic (RW2), Fuji (RAF) and Olympus (ORF).

(These manufacturers have used several different RAW format extensions, but I think the above are the current/common ones for each).

-- Sandman[.net]

Rikishi42 (4h & 12m)