Re: post processing

Tony Cooper
SubjectRe: post processing
FromTony Cooper
Date03/14/2014 05:55 (03/14/2014 00:55)
Message-ID<cm15i9pr3h4upqknra4iob64t5rl9ieb4c@4ax.com>
FollowsSavageduck
FollowupsSavageduck (58m) > Tony Cooper
nospam (10h & 12m) > Tony Cooper

On Thu, 13 Mar 2014 20:29:04 -0700, Savageduck <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com>wrote:

Savageduck
On 2014-03-14 03:17:06 +0000, nospam <nospam@nospam.invalid>said:

nospam
In article <2014031319381598839-savageduck1@REMOVESPAMmecom>, Savageduck <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com>wrote:

Savageduck
LR can handle all else and more, including access to the NIK Collection, and OnOne (Which gives you Perfect Layers to use with LR).

Tony Cooper
Well, if you go out of LR to use a plug-in, that's about the same as going out of LR to use PS.

Savageduck
However, if all you have on your computer is LR5 and the NIK Collection, or the OnOne Suite, you still have a very powerful editing/adjustment tool without the intervention of PS. The competent LR% users is going to be able to survive quite well without invoking PS.

Damn! Did I type that last sentence? It should read: "The competent LR5 user is going to be able to survive quite well without invoking PS."

nospam
even for not so competent users.

the number of tasks for which photoshop (any version) is needed that can't be done in lightroom grows smaller all the time.

Savageduck
Tony, I am about to agree with nospam!

I would agree with it, too. The statement, however, doesn't imply that PS will no longer be needed by all. It's also getting to the point where for which the full version of Photoshop is not needed because so much can be done in Elements.

Yet, you and I just signed up for CC just for those extra features that are not included in LR or Elements.

Frankly, I am somewhat puzzled about why people like nospam, and even you, try so hard to convince everyone that Lightroom is the panacea of photo editing. I get why you like it, but I don't get why you continually imply - if not aver - that those of us who are aren't on the bandwagon are doing something wrong.

We are doing what we feel comfortable in doing, whether it's continuing to use a CS version or Gimp, and most of us are turning out some pretty decent stuff in doing so. Any failings in output are more failings in input from when we push the shutter button.

Nospam's positions about effort and productivity are patently bullshit. The issue isn't about a production shop where there are deadlines and cost issues. It's about individuals pursuing a hobby.

It seems to be something related to some deep-seated need to be right and a need to feel like the bell sheep. Part of the push-back you get is because some of us really don't like being told what do.

-- Tony Cooper - Orlando FL