Re: post processing

Floyd L. Davidson
SubjectRe: post processing
FromFloyd L. Davidson
Date03/18/2014 03:44 (03/17/2014 18:44)
Message-ID<87r460fco8.fld@apaflo.com>
FollowsPeterN
FollowupsNab (11h & 21m) > Floyd L. Davidson
PeterN (14h & 17m)
PeterN (14h & 22m)

PeterN <peter.newnospam@verizon.net>wrote:

PeterN
Similarly, I have never seen a photo of the Baptistry doors, that even comes close to evoking the emotion I feel when viewing the originals. I just stood there, immobilized for some period of time.

There are several visual experiences that have smacked me up the side of the head with, "Capture that and you've got a great photograph!", except even after years of looking at it I just can't figure out how to photograph it.

I had one that did fall into place last fall though. And old wooden boat here in Barrow that I've been looking at for 15 years... from the wrong direction. I just happened to be shooting something else and found myself in exactly the right place to get the picture I've been imagining... from the back of the boat which I normally only see from the front.

That's a nice experience.

But, as to my request, I well understand your answer. I have felt the same way myself, with some of my images.

I rarely post images on the Internet, even to my webpage, that I also print large. They're just two different things. Plus the prints are what I actually consider my art, while most of what goes on my webpage is more documentary than art.

-- Floyd L. Davidson http://www.apaflo.com/ Ukpeagvik (Barrow, Alaska) floyd@apaflo.com

Nab (11h & 21m) > Floyd L. Davidson
PeterN (14h & 17m)
PeterN (14h & 22m)