Re: post processing

Rikishi42
SubjectRe: post processing
FromRikishi42
Date03/14/2014 02:18 (03/14/2014 02:18)
Message-ID<bv1ava-hks.ln1@murmur.very.softly>
FollowsYouDontNeedToKnowButItsNoëlle
FollowupsYouDontNeedToKnowButItsNoëlle (12h & 56m)
Sandman (13h & 11m) > Rikishi42

On 2014-03-13, YouDontNeedToKnowButItsNoëlle <FautLaDemander@simple.org>wrote:

Nige Danton
If it matters I'm shooting with a Nikon D7000 and an 18-105 lens. I shoot in RAW and jpg.

YouDontNeedToKnowButItsNoëlle
Raw developpement for Nikon is at its best with Capture NX 2 (because Nikon raws are non-standard)

Non-standard RAW's? But that implies there would be standard RAW files.

Where are they defined and since when ????

I've never seen a clear definition of what the RAW format is supposed to be. Basically, every manufacturor of cameras and scanners sticks that extention on their own brand of fast, non formatted storage. Some brands even had different RAW's for different devices.

-- When in doubt, use brute force. -- Ken Thompson