Re: post processing

Tony Cooper
SubjectRe: post processing
FromTony Cooper
Date03/16/2014 04:18 (03/15/2014 23:18)
Message-ID<hg5ai9diugt873ucg9g7set4aqo35s4of5@4ax.com>
Followsnospam
Followupsnospam (13h & 19m) > Tony Cooper

On Sat, 15 Mar 2014 22:11:21 -0400, nospam <nospam@nospam.invalid> wrote:

nospam
In article <5fv9i9lab69t5t2e07v3cc3ff0rv7jthdb@4ax.com>, Tony Cooper <tonycooper214@gmail.com>wrote:

Tony Cooper
Read down to where it says "The plug-ins here are from Adobe approved publishers, meaning that Adobe has reviewed and accepted the publisher."

nospam
it's a marketing agreement. nothing more.

Tony Cooper
Weasel away, but the point is that Adobe *does* approve some vendors and withholds approval on others.

nospam
not for creating plug-ins, they don't.

admit your mistake.

I never said anything about "creating" a plug-in. Approval is a later step.

Tony Cooper
It's not a "nothing more" thing if it's an agreement. A marketing agreement means Adobe has given their stamp of approval to the vendor. Since you claim to have written plug-ins, and had no idea that Adobe approves some plug-ins, it's obvious that nothing you've produced has met sufficient standards to be approved by Adobe. No surprise there.

nospam
of course i'm aware of what they do. we talked to adobe about co-marketing.

what you still don't understand is that it has nothing to do with creating a plug-in.

adobe does not approve of or even care about what plug-ins get created. they may not even know you created one.

obviously if adobe is going to showcase a product on their site they will want to approve it.

what you don't get is that isn't needed.

Tony Cooper
I get it, and have done so since the beginning.

nospam
no you definitely don't. far from it.

Tony Cooper
I asked if Adobe approved any vendors and you insisted on ducking the question, evading an answer, and harping on the fact that it's not needed. Obviously, you didn't know that Adobe does, in fact, approve some plug-ins. Now you know.

nospam
only to showcase, which has absolutely nothing to do with creating a plug-in.

again, all it takes is an idea, downloading the sdk and writing a plug-in. adobe doesn't know if you even started writing something let alone finish and publish it.

I understand, and have from the get-go, that you don't need Adobe's approval to create or provide a plug-in for an Adobe product. What I asked is if Adobe does approve some vendors. And, they do.

That should have been clear to you from the beginning. Instead, you've weaseled and squirmed and talked about a vendor's need to be approved. That was never the question.

You've added "create" where I never did.

Whether you've done that just to be disingenuous or whether you were just ignorant of the fact that some vendor's products are approved, I dunno. I suspect both.

I also suspect it's because you've never written anything substantial enough to merit applying for approval.

-- Tony Cooper - Orlando FL

nospam (13h & 19m) > Tony Cooper