Message-ID<slrnli4cqj.fsu.mr@irc.sandman.net>
FollowsSavageduck
FollowupsSavageduck (50m) > Sandman
Tony Cooper (3h & 43m) > Sandman
Tony Cooper (3h & 47m) > Sandman
Nab (18h & 37m) > Sandman

In article <2014031307384535495-savageduck1@REMOVESPAMmecom>, Savageduck wrote:

Sandman
LR is a full image database and file management application and it's a bit over the top for mere post processing. Plus (as far as I'm aware) LR doesn't support Photoshop plugins (correct me if I'm wrong)

Savageduck
Sorry Jonas, this is one of those times you are wrong. LR can, and does use a whole bunch of Photoshop plugins including but not limited to the NIK Collection, the OnOne Suite, and Tiffin DFX.

So, are those *Photoshop CC* plugins running under LR, or are they LR-versions of the same plugin. Looking on OnOne:

http://www.ononesoftware.com/products/suite8/

They have different pricing on what products it supports, clearly signalling that there is a separate LR-plugin.

I know that Elements can run (most) Photoshop CC plugins so there wouldn't be a special "Elements" version of the plugin. I was a bit unsure whether LR had this capability as well.

From a view point of processing RAW files, LR5 is far from being over the top for "mere post processing", it probably has one of the simplest and logical RAW workflows.

I meant the entire LIbrary management and such was unneeded if one was just after post processing. LR is a very fine tool that does short work with most post processing tasks.

Sandman
but Elements does, so there's a plethora of cheap or free plugins out there you can use for your post processing needs.

Savageduck
...and the same is true for LR5.

Cool.

Sandman
I wouldn't recomment the Gimp even to Tony :)

Savageduck
Agreed! However, Floyd and Sid are not going to agree, but then they aren't using a Mac as the OP does.

Nothing Floyd ever said her has any credibility in any capacity.

-- Sandman[.net]

Savageduck (50m) > Sandman
Tony Cooper (3h & 43m) > Sandman
Tony Cooper (3h & 47m) > Sandman