Re: post processing

Savageduck
SubjectRe: post processing
FromSavageduck
Date03/14/2014 14:52 (03/14/2014 06:52)
Message-ID<2014031406523789596-savageduck1@REMOVESPAMmecom>
FollowupsSandman (12m)

On 2014-03-14 11:54:37 +0000, Sandman <mr@sandman.net>said:

Sandman
In article <2014031403525927177-savageduck1@REMOVESPAMmecom>, Savageduck wrote:

But, not the same actual file. You have .plugin files for PS and .lrplugin files for LR

That said, I can't say I actually know wheather PSE supports .plugin files out of the box either. I've actually never ever used PSE. I was just going on information I've read here.

Savageduck
With the OnOne Premium Edition, and NIK, PSE & PS use the same plugin.

Sandman
So . just to be clear - OnOne will install the exact same ".plugin" file to both Photoshop CC and Lightroom?

No. You were correct, OnOne installs a PS specific plugin for PSE & PS, and a Lightroom specific plugin for LR, (.lrplugin)

As far as I can tell, Lightroom plugins are kept in the application bundle at Contents/Plugins:

<https://www.dropbox.com/s/25ury118yy3ro6x/Screenshot%202014-03-14%2012.43.15.png>

And

they're all named ".lrplugin", and the Plugin manager won't allow me to import ".plugin" files.

It looks like you right clicked on the LR app and selected "Show Package Contents" for the application bundle. That plugins folder only contains the Adobe installed plugins provided with the application install. None of my active third party plugins can be found in that folder. It seems the LR plugin Manager deals with third party plugins retaining them in their specific proprietary folders or installing them in Application Support->Adobe->Lightroom->Modules.

Sandman (12m)