Re: post processing

Tony Cooper
SubjectRe: post processing
FromTony Cooper
Date03/14/2014 02:57 (03/13/2014 21:57)
Message-ID<j7o4i9triv14pq6r6gjklfhrl6h2u57r3q@4ax.com>
Followsnospam
Followupsnospam (1h & 19m)

On Thu, 13 Mar 2014 17:15:13 -0400, nospam <nospam@nospam.invalid> wrote:

nospam
In article <m164i9ht6r9gdo91mnfll5e8r8g3qv6p9i@4ax.com>, Tony Cooper <tonycooper214@gmail.com>wrote:

Savageduck
For most photography oriented folks LR is all that is needed.

Tony Cooper
Depends. If "most" is all photographers, then LR is probably sufficient. But, when we talk about "photography oriented" people, the thought is of people who take the photograph from capture to best representation. Then, at least Elements should be part of the post-processing package.

Not to downgrade LR's "Develop" module, but I think the photographer who wants to finish the process is handcuffed without PS in some form.

nospam
finish what process? lightroom can do a *lot*, without any handcuffs.

What is a "lot"? What are you, in kindergarten? A "lot", if it doesn't include what you want to do is "not enough".

most people aren't going to composite multiple images,

Composite? Composites have nothing to do with it. You ever heard of Layer Masks? Other processing involving Layers?

but those that do can get photoshop elements or cs/cc and use it with lightroom.

Naughty, naughty. Snipping to delete pertinent commentary. My post included:

"Depends. If "most" is all photographers, then LR is probably sufficient. But, when we talk about "photography oriented" people, the thought is of people who take the photograph from capture to best representation. Then, at least Elements should be part of the post-processing package." -- Tony Cooper - Orlando FL

nospam (1h & 19m)