Re: post processing

PeterN
SubjectRe: post processing
FromPeterN
Date03/18/2014 18:02 (03/18/2014 13:02)
Message-ID<lg9u3c0oi7@news1.newsguy.com>
FollowsFloyd L. Davidson

On 3/17/2014 10:44 PM, Floyd L. Davidson wrote:

<snip>

Floyd L. Davidson
I rarely post images on the Internet, even to my webpage, that I also print large. They're just two different things. Plus the prints are what I actually consider my art, while most of what goes on my webpage is more documentary than art.

Also, I print the images differently for competitions. In my camera club the prints are viewed under a really bright white light. Prints look much better when printed darker and on glpossy paper. If I wanted to hang the same print on my wall, I would print it much lighter, how much depends on the print, and on a matte or luster paper. For digital competitions, I try to use the ICC profile of the projection unit. to make thins even more complex, in some competitions, such as PSA, and camera clubs, there is a preference for a slight vignette. I do not too well in many competitions, because I adjust the image to please myself. In a competition last year I was told my image sparked a lengthy debate. It was an image of two apes looking down, studying an object. It didn't win an award because the animals eyes were not visible. (The eyes were not visible because they were both looking down. The important thing is that I like the image.

-- PeterN