SubjectRe: Apple Ad debate
Message-ID<C0CEBFDC.53D08%SNIT@CABLE0NE.NET.INVALID>
FollowsNRen2k5

"NRen2k5" <nomore@email.com>stated in post n9eqg.78351$x.391953@weber.videotron.net on 7/3/06 12:24 PM:

Snit
The ad in question: <http://snipurl.com/viruswhatvirus> Quote in question (slowed down): <http://snipurl.com/Slow_Quote> "no no do not be a hero, ***LAST YEAR*** there are 114,000 known viruses for PCs." [emphasis mine, poor grammar Apple's]

1) Wally dishonestly "quoted" the Apple commercial (while blaming others for doing so). He dishonestly denied it state "last year" and "quoted" it as: "no no do not be a hero, actually there are 114,000 known viruses for PC's.........". In his doing so, he used poor grammar (note the "PC's"). This is relevant based on #2:

2) Wally belittled me for honestly quoting the ad's poor grammar. "Really Snit that is stupid even for you! But never let it be said that I would not lend you a helping hand try this.. 'Last year there were................'" Wally further called me ignorant and stupid based on my being honest and quoting the ad correctly.

3) When #2 was pointed out, Wally lied and said my honestly quoting the ad was a form of "support" and "agreement" for its poor grammar. Wally is confusing the concepts of supporting telling the truth (as I did and he failed to do) with supporting the ads use of improper grammar (which I do not).

4) Wally played these games, no doubt, to obfuscate the fact that he dishonestly "quoted" Apple by claiming the ad did not use the phrase "last year". This whole grammar side issue is irrelevant to Wally's initial lie, but he is trying mighty hard to obfuscate it.

Honestly quoting someone is not synonymous with agreeing with their message nor with supporting the use of improper grammar.

How much trolling will Wally do over these facts?

NRen2k5
It's all just too much for him to wrap his noodle around.

Wally will do all he can to obfuscate those facts... though he, Sandman, Carroll, and Adams will work as hard as they can to find any tiny nit to pick with my comments. The overall point that is very, very well supported is that Wally clearly and unambiguously lied about the Apple ad. I have shown this with:

* a link to the ad where the phrase "last year" is very clear * by slowing the relevant quote down to make it easier to understand * and by quoting Wally repeatedly claiming the ad does not use the phrase "last year".

Wally is dishonestly denying Apple uses the phrase "last year" in their ad. His "defense" is one he borrowed from Carroll - maybe, just maybe, he hopes people will believe, he is not competent enough to understand how his dishonest quote is different from the real one. Pathetic. Can he really do no better than offer an "insanity" defense? It is very much the same "defense" Steve uses for excusing why he has falsely attributed the same quote to me more than 10 times a day on average for more than 4 months.

These are incontrovertible facts, of course, that the "group think" crew will never admit to. They have no idea how predictable they are.

-- ? As of Feb 2006 Apple had no wireless Mighty Mouse ? If A = B then B = A (known as the "symmetric property of equality") ? One can be guilty of a crime but neither tried nor convicted