Message-ID<C0D02E0A.54018%SNIT@CABLE0NE.NET.INVALID>
FollowsLars Träger
FollowupsLars Träger (16h & 42m) > Snit

"Lars Tr?ger" <Lars.Traeger@epost.de>stated in post 1hhyojo.30vxmeftbax4N%Lars.Traeger@epost.de on 7/4/06 8:42 AM:

Lars Träger
NRen2k5 <nomore@email.com>wrote:

NRen2k5
Lars Tr?ger wrote:

Lars Träger
NRen2k5 <nomore@email.com>wrote:

NRen2k5
Sandman wrote:

Sandman
Yet we're not the most hated persons in csma, nor are we the most killfiled people in csma... That would be... you.

Go figure.

NRen2k5
Which has exactly nothing to do with being honest or honourable.

Lars Träger
Exactly. So far you are quite far from the truth, yet few people killfiled you.

NRen2k5
Which is incorrect and also has nothing to do with anything.

Lars Träger
So many people have killfiled you? Good.

What makes you think that having people, especially trolls, kill file someone is in any way related to how truthful someone is. Please note, I am not denying the possibility of such a relationship, but I have not seen any support for one.

Assuming there is a relationship, of course, we would have to determine what the relationship is; is someone who is more kill filed likely to be more or less honest than someone who is less kill filed?

It is almost impossible to come to a solid conclusion on this, being that there is no way to know if any one person has kill filed another. There is also the problem of figuring out who is lying, though a reasoned and fair arbitrator would likely be acceptable to many. Being that we have no such person, we would have to consider what such a person would look at - and that is likely an easy answer: facts and support. While it is true not all honest facts get supported, there is not much else we can look at.

With that said, it is pretty much incontrovertible that I support my claims, especially any accusations I make, as much as anyone else in CSMA and clearly far, far more than most. While they have offered not a lick of evidence, Sandman and some other trolls have claimed I am more kill filed than, for example, they are. Assuming that what they say is true - which, admittedly, is a stretch - the apparent relationship is the more one supports their claims with honor and honesty the more likely one is to be kill filed.

This, however, is not a good "study"; there are too many unknowns. For one, the example I gave is but one data point, and it may or may not be representative. I tend to post more than many, and perhaps that influences the stats. And, of course, basing a study off of the claims of Sandman, a known liar, and other trolls who jumped on his bandwagon, is simply foolish if they are unable to support their claim. Supporting his claim, as noted before, is likely not possible (which does not stop Sandman from repeatedly stating it).

Hopefully this helps you to understand the situation better. If not, well then perhaps you should kill file me. :)

-- ? Things which are not the same are not "identical" ??Incest and sex are not identical (only a pervert would disagree) ? OS X is partially based on BSD (esp. FreeBSD)

Lars Träger (16h & 42m) > Snit