SubjectRe: Apple Ad debate
Message-ID<C0CD9BF1.53B18%SNIT@CABLE0NE.NET.INVALID>
FollowsGreyCloud

"GreyCloud" <mist@cumulus.com>stated in post wcOdnXHVNslD3jXZnZ2dnUVZ_o6dnZ2d@bresnan.com on 7/2/06 3:08 PM:

GreyCloud
Snit wrote:

Snit
"NRen2k5" <nomore@email.com>stated in post OdVpg.25346$x.128368@weber.videotron.net on 7/2/06 12:35 PM:

NRen2k5
Snit wrote:

Snit
The ad in question: <http://snipurl.com/viruswhatvirus>Quote in question (slowed down): <http://snipurl.com/Slow_Quote>"no no do not be a hero, ***LAST YEAR*** there are 114,000 known viruses for PCs." [emphasis mine, poor grammar Apple's]

1) Wally dishonestly "quoted" the Apple commercial (while blaming others for doing so). He dishonestly denied it state "last year" and "quoted" it as: "no no do not be a hero, actually there are 114,000 known viruses for PC's.........". In his doing so, he used poor grammar (note the "PC's"). This is relevant based on #2:

NRen2k5
"PC's" (as opposed to "PCs") *is* the proper way to write it, actually.

Snit
http://www.apostrophe.fsnet.co.uk/ ----- Apostrophes are NEVER ever used to denote plurals! Common examples of such abuse (all seen in real life!) are: Banana's for sale which of course should read Bananas for sale Menu's printed to order which should read Menus printed to order etc.

GreyCloud
Correct. I don't know what he is doing, but PCs is correct.

While I am right about the grammar issue, the whole discussion of grammar is a side issue Wally is pushing to hide the fact he is lying about Apple's ad. This is about as clear cut as you can get:

1) Everyone else agrees the Apple ad uses the phrase "last year". 2) The ad, linked above, clearly uses the phrase "last year". 3) I created a slowed down copy of the relevant section - no doubt it says "last year". 4) Wally has repeatedly denied the as says "last year". Even as of earlier today, after no less than 20 posts back and forth on the topic where Wally has been shown to be wrong, he still lied and claimed:

I still don't believe it says "last year" because unlike you I do not think Apple would use something so grammatically incorrect!

Wally is lying. Period.

-- ? Things which are not the same are not "identical" ??Incest and sex are not identical (only a pervert would disagree) ? OS X is partially based on BSD (esp. FreeBSD)