Re: Apple Ad debate

Wally
SubjectRe: Apple Ad debate
FromWally
Date07/03/2006 20:27 (07/03/2006 20:27)
Message-ID<C0CF827E.C444%wally@wally.world.net>
FollowsSnit
FollowupsSnit (12m)

On 3/7/06 7:52 PM, in article C0CE52F2.53C31%SNIT@CABLE0NE.NET.INVALID, "Snit" <SNIT@CABLE0NE.NET.INVALID>wrote:

Snit
"Wally" <wally@wally.world.net>stated in post C0CF22D3.C3CB%wally@wally.world.net on 7/3/06 4:39 AM:

Wally
On 3/7/06 7:21 PM, in article C0CE4BC7.53C21%SNIT@CABLE0NE.NET.INVALID, "Snit" <SNIT@CABLE0NE.NET.INVALID>wrote:

Snit
"Wally" <wally@wally.world.net>stated in post C0CF0010.C3AB%wally@wally.world.net on 7/3/06 2:10 AM:

Wally
On 3/7/06 11:29 AM, in article ka0qg.40092$x.270079@weber.videotron.net, "NRen2k5" <nomore@email.com>wrote:

NRen2k5
Sandman wrote:

Sandman
In article <C0CD87B3.53ACE%SNIT@CABLE0NE.NET.INVALID>, Snit <SNIT@CABLE0NE.NET.INVALID>wrote:

Snit
I have asked Wally to keep his lies on this issue to this thread, so I am trying to have it not spread all over CSMA.

Sandman
Ironically, you're the one trying desperately to spread it all over csma with your antagonizing threads, like the troll you are. You need the attention, so you create the threads.

Snit
No matter how you spin it, Sandman, Wally is being no more honest nor honorable than you... you are both lying trolls.

Sandman
Yet we're not the most hated persons in csma, nor are we the most killfiled people in csma... That would be... you.

Go figure.

NRen2k5
Which has exactly nothing to do with being honest or honourable.

Wally
That depends if the killfiling is a result of lets say continually contradicting yourself such as for example claiming two different versions of a portion of a commercial are correct in the same post, and then when realizing your mistake, you decide to question someone else's honesty for no good reason other that to detract from your mistake, then killfiling may become a direct result of Honor or lack of it!

(Version one) "The ad says "no no do not be a hero, ***LAST YEAR*** there are 114,000 known viruses for PCs." [emphasis mine]"-Snit

In the same post.....

"last year there were 114000 viruses for PC"-NRen2k5 (me quoting you)

(Version Two) "Um, Wally, that is the wording of the Apple ad. Please stop lying."-Snit

Then in a subsequent post from Snit he comes up with this doozie.....

"Oops... my mistake here... I was looking at just the "last year" part of that quote... not the whole thing. Seems neither you nor NRen2k5 were being honest. Not surprising."-Snit

Now of course I cannot speak for you but in my case I know of no reason to say that I had been dishonest, perhaps you know of a reason why Snit would label you so, I don't! What I do know is that in my case Snit is content to claim that he knows what I believe and what I think and is happy to call it dishonesty when my actual stated beliefs differ from what he predicts they should be........

As an aside I do hope that the above is not an example of the "personal integrity" that you think that I should develop!

Note how Snit chooses not to argue against any of the points made above!

Snit
You lie, above. I state the truth, which you run from. But since you beg me to, I shall focus specifically on your one lie, above, and ignore the others for a moment:

1) you claim I contradicted myself and that this lead me to question someone else's (your) honesty.

No! if you actually read what I wrote you may amaze yourself in finding that I accurately quoted you saying.....

"Seems neither you nor NRen2k5 were being honest."-Snit

Your claim is a complete and utter lie. One, the only "contradiction" I had in any post was a comment I made in error and corrected moments later in a follow up post (as you quote, above),

So let me get this straight......Me stating that you contradicted yourself in a post and then in a subsequent post accused not only myself but NRen2k5 of being dishonest.....was a complete and utter lie!

And your proof of this is to admit that you contradicted yourself in the post in question and and that the follow up post that I mention is accurate! LOL!

Are you *unwell* again Snit?

http://tinyurl.com/q6kab

Is where this "complete and utter lie" can be seen. ;-)

-- "With enough glue... anything is possible" - Snit

Snit (12m)