Re: Apple Ad debate

Steve Carroll
SubjectRe: Apple Ad debate
FromSteve Carroll
Date07/04/2006 04:41 (07/03/2006 20:41)
Message-ID<noone-E151A3.20415803072006@comcast.dca.giganews.com>
FollowsSnit

In article <C0CF1A52.53E62%SNIT@CABLE0NE.NET.INVALID>, Snit <SNIT@CABLE0NE.NET.INVALID>wrote:

Snit
"Steve Carroll" <noone@nowhere.net>stated in post noone-B2D6ED.13581503072006@comcast.dca.giganews.com on 7/3/06 12:58 PM:

Steve Carroll
In article <15eqg.78203$x.391435@weber.videotron.net>, NRen2k5 <nomore@email.com>wrote:

NRen2k5
Snit wrote:

Snit
"Steve Carroll" <noone@nowhere.net>stated in post noone-F37E26.11042503072006@comcast.dca.giganews.com on 7/3/06 10:04 AM:

Fair enough. Do you have a reference for the example you give?

NRen2k5
I can't find the one I read last night, but here's another: http://tinyurl.com/qq5t

The more I search the web, the more it seems that there's just no single consensus on pluralizing initialisms. :|

For example, you said that the "CDs", for example, is proper and that "CD's" is a modern trend, but Wikipedia tells me it's exactly the opposite.

Steve Carroll
Should be good enough for Snit as he has used this source repeatedly to make claims of his own (and we all know Snit is no hypocrite;) You should expect an apology from him at any time. LOL!

Snit
What do you think I owe him an apology for?

NRen2k5
I'm wondering too.

Steve Carroll
Realistically, not a thing... (no one really owes a troll anything) I was just holding Snit to the same standard he tries to hold everyone else.

Snit
Do you think your sidestep shuffle worked, Steve? You still have not explained why I would owe NRen2k5 an apology on this matter or why *anyone* would think I did.

Read it again... or better yet, get someone who can comprehend what they read to help you... but lock the medicine cabinet first.

-- "Heck, OS X is not even partially based on FreeBSD" - Snit "Sandman and Carroll are running around trying to crucify trolls like myself" - Snit