Re: Another step towards Wi...

Lloyd Parsons
SubjectRe: Another step towards Windows
FromLloyd Parsons
Date08/29/2014 17:14 (08/29/2014 10:14)
Message-ID<c6bjnkFtiiU1@mid.individual.net>
Follows-hh
FollowupsNashton (23h & 10m) > Lloyd Parsons

On 29 Aug 2014 06:05, -hh wrote:

-hh
Lloyd Parsons wrote:

Lloyd Parsons
Gary wrote:

Gary
What path is Apple taking Lloyd?

Lloyd Parsons
flat, pale coloring, lack of contrast, skinny fonts. All UI changes that are on the way and started with iOS7.

-hh
I noticed the skinny fonts in particular in iOS 7 ... the tip that I read was to go into /Settings/General/Accessibility/ and turn on 'Larger Text' and/or 'Bold Text'. It was an immediate help.

...now here's the interesting part:

Did this sometime later on a setup on an iPad, and found that the 'Bold' was _waaay_ too much. Apparently, in one of the iOS 7.xx updates, they quietly fixed the fonts to make them less skinny.

In any case, try the settings...it's free & easy to undo.

-hh

On the MBPr I've played around with lots of settings having to do with color, transparency, skinny fonts and so forth. And frankly on the MBPr's screen Yosemite looks pretty damned good.

It is when it isn't using the Retina screen that things really get shitty to my eyes.

On the iPad Mini, which I will keep because of Airplay, it doesn't matter 'cause I don't use it for much.

Between the HP all-in-one, SurfacePro and HTC One, I just don't have a need to keep the Mac. So why not sell it now and recover a significant portion of my purchase price?

-- Lloyd

Nashton (23h & 10m) > Lloyd Parsons