Re: Another step towards Wi...

Lloyd Parsons
SubjectRe: Another step towards Windows
FromLloyd Parsons
Date08/28/2014 02:05 (08/27/2014 19:05)
Message-ID<c67a2pFnau5U1@mid.individual.net>
FollowsAlan Baker
FollowupsNashton (1h & 29m)

On 27 Aug 2014 17:00, Alan Baker wrote:

Alan Baker
On 2014-08-27 23:56:28 +0000, Lloyd Parsons said:

Lloyd Parsons
I've said I wasn't happy with the path Apple is taking with Yosemite, And I wasn't enamored of the look and feel of iOS7 for the same reasons. Skinny font, little contrast and shades of pastel. All make It difficult on my eyes.

So today I went to Verizon and got a new HTC One (M8) Windows phone. Wow, what a sweet phone!! Real colors and contrast, a 5" screen that Is a little bigger than I had planned on getting and it is FAST!! Faster with Windows than with Android which this phone also comes out With.

I had to buy a couple apps, but they were mostly cheap and I've got Everything I actually use covered.

BTW, Cortana is very nice. I've seen the ads about it but haven't Played around too much with it yet.

Next up is selling the MBPr... :(

Alan Baker
May I suggest that if the idea makes you sad...

...you're probably not making the right choice for yourself.

:-)

You'd be wrong. The MBPr has given me good service and I could have Stayed with ML on it, but I see the handwriting on the wall with the trend Apple is taking the UI and I'm not pleased.

Because the majority of what I do can be done on any platform, the Shift to Windows is nearly painless and I've enjoyed the trip so far. Won't hurt to recover a significant portion of the purchase price of The MBPr either!! :)

--

Lloyd from SurfacePro via NewsgroupsRT

Nashton (1h & 29m)